Saturday, October 26, 2013

Traveling by train to Shanghai


I went to Shanghai from Handan I decided on few days off from teaching that I would go to Shanghai. I had always wanted to see Shanghai. And Shanghai was exactly what I thought it would be. I took a D-train to Beijing and then at Beijing I transferred to a G-train that took me directly to Shanghai. Trips on high-speed trains in China are always so comfortable and fast as this one was also. I stayed at a Hanting Express Hotel which is a business hotel chain in China but they are very comfortable and always have great bathrooms. I love their showers I don't know why. I'm a Hanting member also so there are a few perks with that also. The D-train from Handandong Railway Station to BeijingXi Railway Station took 3 hours and was smooth and comfortable. The service on the high-speed trains is very good and attentive I had a nice European style coffee on the train which was very delicious. When traveling by train in China it is always advisable to arrive at least 45 minutes before the departure mainly because there are always so many people traveling in China. I had a two hour layover in Beijing which gave me plenty of time to get a little something to eat and I needed to put some more money on my phone so I stopped at the Unicom shop in the station. Here is a link for trains around China. http://huoche.8684.cn/p_%B1%B1%BE%A9_%C9%CF%BA%A3 Huoche is train in Mandarin. 


One of the main reasons I went to Shanghai was to try Shanghainese cuisine and it was delicious of course. Shanghai cuisine is not spicy but I heard that it was a little sweet and flavorful. It was that exactly. In Shanghai seafood is exceptional and I had crab from Yangchenghu. Hu is lake in Mandarin so it's Lake Yangcheng. I also had a great walk around Yangchenghu when I was in Shanghai. The city also has an outstanding subway system which makes it so convenient to travel in Shanghai. Here is a link for the Shanghai subway. http://map.sogou.com/bus/subway&shanghai
I was able to travel all over the city very easily and enjoyed Shanghai to the fullest. Shanghai is also very foreigner friendly with some good English signage around the city. My trip to Shanghai was a memorable one and I look forward to visiting there again. If you would like to advertise on my blog or you would information on teaching positions in China contact me at tanukichamptranslation@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment