Monday, October 21, 2013

Beautiful Chinese saying and Banking in China

  https://twitter.com/alohabadger http://tanukichamptranslation.net/  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.pierson.73
There is a Chinese saying Autumn is the second Spring the leaves are just like flowers. I believe the meaning to be this the leaves change colors in Autumn before they fall. The leaves are also so colorful in Autumn. I got this saying from a very helpful Chinese friend of mine. I always appreciate her assistance she is a wealth of knowledge. Now on with my story.

It has been very hectic lately and I have not heard or seen Tammy in a long time. I was very curious about this so I decided to check on her and see what she is up to. I arrive a little early to the primary school this day and go to Tammy's office. I cannot find Tammy someone tells me she has gone home for the day since her daughter is sick. I am a little frustrated since the main reason I am searching for her is because I need her assistance with some banking. I need to transfer some money from my China bank account to my bank account in America. I need her to translate for me at the bank. I try her phone again since this is a little urgent and I get no answer. I continue onto my classes and start my teaching day. A few hours later I get a call from the director and he tells me Tammy is leaving the company and we will be having a party for her in  a couple of nights. Well that's a SURPRISE! I then tell him of my banking situation and he tells me to wait a couple of days and he will help me. I told him of course I will talk to you in a few days.

I am a little shocked about Tammy leaving but I have heard there is a new assistant and his English is good. I actually have to take care of this banking issue a little quicker than a few days cause I know it is more like 3 or 4 days. This is when I remembered my friend Sam in Shijiazhuang he told me he could always help me with my banking since he also banked with the Bank of China. I gave Sam a call and he said come over tomorrow or whenever. Shijiazhuang is a little over an hour away by train so I need to get a ticket. This is a slight problem but not really I just remembered the train ticket office by the English training center. I went there that night and got some assistance from one of the Chinese teachers at the training center and purchased my tickets for Shijiazhuang. It is good to be a foreign teacher in Handan everyone is always so helpful. I got T-train tickets to Shijiazhuang which is a lot better than a K which would take probably over two hours to get there. The T-train ticket fare was so reasonable I was very happy. The roundtrip fare cost me only 60 RMB which is just a little over 8 U.S. dollars. I am on my way the next morning to Shijiazhuang. I catch the T-train the next morning and it is 10 TIMES better than a K-train. The seat is comfortable and well cushioned and the train is not as crowded as the K-train also known as a cattle car. Next stop Shijiazhuang which is also the capital of Hebei Province. If you would like to advertise on my blog or you would like information on teaching jobs or teaching programs in China contact me at tanukichamptranslation@gmail.com I help you find a teaching job.

No comments:

Post a Comment