Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Teaching ESL In China

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.pierson.73  http://tanukichamptranslation.net/
I decided today to write about how to become a teacher in China.  A native English speaking teacher is in very high demand in China so the amount job offers thrown at you can become overwhelming. First step that I did was actually become a ESL teacher. I took a 120 hour TEFL course and got a certification as a TEFL instructor. I felt this was very important especially to get an idea on how to design lesson plans and curriculum. Once I got the certification I started shopping around where I would like to teach. I decided upon China it seemed very interesting to me. I started to research on the internet and I found Dave's ESL Cafe which posts many English teaching jobs from around the world. There is another really good website for teaching jobs and that is Seriousteachers.com between these two you will find a job. I think it is also important to speak to someone who has either taught in China before or is teaching there when you plan to go there. This is to give you a good idea what to expect before going there.

After you find a teaching job you are interested in make sure to go over all the details carefully. Location of housing in proximity to where you are teaching is very important. Go over the housing very carefully and request to see pictures of the apartment. I was very lucky in Handan my apartment was very comfortable. My location was also very good one of my school's was only a 12 minute walk. Whatever your needs you may have go over them with your school so that they may accomodate you. If they cannot then I do not recommend going to that school. There are so many schools in China looking for native English speakers that you should be able to get just ABOUT everything you need. I know it sounds too good but it is true. Next blog I will go over what to expect when you go to China. If you would like to be a link on my blog or if you would like information on teaching jobs in China contact me at tanukichamptranslation@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment