Thursday, November 14, 2013

First Snowstorm in Handan

https://twitter.com/alohabadger  http://tanukichamptranslation.net/
I got up early this morning since I was going to #2 kindergarten which was a 50 minute bus ride and I had to be there by 9am. When I stepped out the door everything seemed just fine a little cooler than usual nothing that made me suspect there would be snow that day. I also did not have any television at this time.  That really would not have mattered being that I do not speak or understand Chinese how will I understand the weather forecast. So basically I was going into the day blind. The morning classes at the kindergarten went very well and I went home for my lunch break without any glitches. 

I caught the #20 bus back to the kindergarten and again the weather looked okay maybe a few clouds but nothing substantial. I went to my first class and in the middle of the class one student yells out in his best English "IT'S SNOWING!" My first thought was this could be a situation for me being that I still had 2 hours of teaching left. I finished teaching 2 hours later and the snow was not relenting and it was getting very deep on the ground. I get to the bus stop and begin my wait for the bus. Usually I waited about 10 minutes and the bus would come. Well not today of course because of the snow the bus was very late and I waited longer than an hour in the snow and without gloves STUPID ME! From here the fun begins. The bus of course is packed because it is so late and it is going very SLOW. I get on and I cannot even see outside to know which stop to get off at. This is a bad situation for me because I don't speak Chinese therefore I cannot ask what stop is next? or what stop is this? Luckily for me some little boy saw the frustration on my face and he asked me in ENGLISH "Can I help you?" I was so relieved this little boy was going to save me from a big problem. I told the little boy where I needed to get off at and he told me "I am getting off very close to there I can help you." Such a helpful little boy and with a smile of course. If you want to be a link on my blog or if you would like information on teaching jobs in China contact me at tanukichamptranslation@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment