Friday, November 1, 2013

Xi'an Cuisine

http://tanukichamptranslation.net/  https://twitter.com/alohabadger  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.pierson.73
Xi'an cuisine is very spicy just how I like it. Maybe though the people of Xi'an like their food a little spicier than I do. I know many people from Xi'an like their food really spicy EVERY DAY! That I am afraid is a little too much for me I need a little relief sometimes. In Xi'an the food is very interesting since there are so many different kinds. One famous dish is the chrysanthemum pot which features petals from the chrysanthemum. This dish sounds so different I really have to try this some day. Chrysanthemum pot has a variety of ingredients including noodles, cabbage, chives, coriander segments, scallion, sesame oil, black pepper and of course chili oil and this is just part of the recipe. In Xi'an fish is also popular since the Yellow River flows through the city. Naitang Pot Fish is a very popular dish in Xi'an. This dish dates back to the Tang Dynasty over 1,000 years ago and is now the feature dish at the Xi'an Hotel. The ingredients for Naitang pot fish are Yellow River carp, ham, bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Many dishes in Sichuan cuisine are very healthy and kind of medicinal. Below are some photos of chrysanthemum pot, naitang pot fish, mutton and some additional photos of Xi'an. If you would like to be a favorite link or you would like information on teaching jobs or teaching programs in China contact me here tanukichamptranslation@gmail.com. 



No comments:

Post a Comment